5.27.2009

Hockey

Hockey is a game played on ice,
men (assumption) in thick pads,
swaking a 'puck' with sticks.
Tricky thing hockey can be see,
thick pads, icy playing fields...
but best of all, it's the goalie
that's feared the most.
Looking like a nightmare post,
masked monster guarding cave
entry to goal...but what I do know.
I'm having to Google it...



"Hockey is played in the morning"
said Mr. Franklin in the year 1825,
Great Bear takes the prize and
later in years, games were played
with cheers on rinked ice

Still and inside...

Padded demons to each side,
nine their count on the glide...
Slicing the ice as they slide.
A miracle score over a great lake,
pride is at stake as they
ride the blades,
masks of nine to each side.

Wooden the weapons and black
the target, they fix the eyes
and the mind as echos are sliced
into the air of their icy layer.

And Canada began the game,
spreading the echo over the land
and then came bodies they called
the fans. And they cheered!
Bundled in coats mittens and beers
they cheered and the game moved on.

Padded players on the make with
hockey bucks and goals to take
home, the Cup.

~They play for the ;puck~

~I watched them long ago once
in a dream when I was a duck
on the great lake quacking,
and a duckling with luck that the
goalie would save me! Again!
My nest you see was right behind
the demons pride.

And so as a shadow on the goalie's
back I rode, hiding my feathers
of eggs and gold! Whew! Just on time,
for the rainbow's net.Again, came a 10th
on the rink to keep reason.
A fair game invented for a new season.


Gotta love a thing created in a lake,
called a Goalie during a day when
demons of nine laughed and sang
on the ice,

So wrote the duck of today.
Thank god for TV. That's where you'll
find me, if I ever watch it.

Again
A game to be enjoyed with friends,
is the Penned. ;)

No comments: