5.07.2010

Chance Death...

How, many more times shall we meet
Standing in stares and feet to feet
Negotiations done in the year of Seven
We agreed you’d take only the forbidden
Now here you are to collect your due
Chance Death have a deal, AND
....and it’s true…
” They’ll come for you too. “
They walk in pairs…
They enjoy cold beers
And offer Smoke on the table
it’s a measure of the stable
but make sure…
that the smoke is yours.

and Why am I hear, you might just ask
After an encounter with Death’s own past…
Sitting still when we talked the night
Listening still when he talked of light
Checking Time until five before nine
Death was alive but quiet his friend
I noticed… and I noticed to the end
That while Death spoke to make his case
Never did Chance give way his face
All hands clasped on the table in talk
Eyes shifting sides as the air got thick
Motion slowing to the speed of his lips…
Then I turned to Chance
and asked exactly, this.

” Take my card ” he offered to me
” Call on us ” if you’re ever in need
” May I have your blessing
and use your bathroom please? “

... know, this is not the night…
Always a great time but to die I’ll knot
So I took his card and I made it my heart
And then they left, by way of the gate.

I remain to say, nothings ever too late.

No comments: