1.19.2009

In Thanks, Dr. King.

We hold your truths, as dear to our hearts.

A Dream, Come True
“I have a Dream…” His words sang through,
“Let Freedom Ring…” God’s Children do,
“This is our hope…, the faith that I go…”

He sang His words, so that we might know…

“We must forever conduct our struggle,
on the high plane of dignity…”

Dr. King’s vision is for all to be free.

“As we walk, we must make the pledge,
that we shall always march ahead…”

His words, our drink,
And His vision, our bread.
A promise made, as a truth lay dead.

“Now is the time, to lift our Nation…”
“Now is the time.....
“Let freedom ring…”
“I Have a Dream!” cried Dr. King.

"My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty,
of thee I sing.”

“This is our hope.”
He lead the way,

“This, will be the day…”
Brothers and Sisters….
“I have a dream today!”

"Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

A gift given us, from HiStory Past.
And moving forward, we’ve realized…
The Great Doctor’s words, have opened our eyes.
And Dr. King I say to you, You stood by God,
To see us through.

I’m grateful, for the song in you.
And we’re grateful, as your Dream, comes true.
Our Nation stands, together,
and we honor You.

No comments: