6.08.2008

ABCs



ABCDEFG...
Remember that song?
You sang it with me.
We danced about the grass and the trees...
Singing and humming along with the bees.
Then a Storm came and we danced in thunder.
And we saw more then letter... we saw the number.
Then the tune changed, but not in our brain,
And our schools taught us rules and our eyes were stained.
How complicated, how unrelated, how over and under!
It was too much then... so I ran from the thunder!
And the tune of number was like an unfed hunger.
Then a day came in my late adult spring,
My ears turned and they looked again.

ABCDEFG....
But more is there, I'm reminded to see...
As above, it said so below.
So I looked there and what do you know...
Not only the letter looks back at me,
But now an ocean under that sea...
An ocean of motion, of color and sound.
A real reality is what I've found.
Voices of past and present are one.
A masterful dance of light and sun!
Then the boys came and told me to sit...
As I looked at the bets... they turned into bits.
Again the sound of thunder and this time with LOVE!
Its true that below, is so what's above!

And now I sit here with my new found ear.
My eyes tuning to the sound of what's there.
Both a bet AND a bit, in the alpha string...
It's not one OR the other...It's AND, everything.


~ Poetry by Storm ~

No comments: