2.27.2010

My Okra.sKin...

Hi biscuit, you’re mighty and cute
So acute in hearing that I’m spearing fruit
Perhaps you didn’t know, I’ve lived in the South…too.
Entertained a name in the halls of high school
I thought it was cool, even back then
We were Rebels

Trivial this trivia of mine
Confuses many versed in sublime
My Confucius IS confusing
As are my rhymes butt
So what if they are
They’re just in my mind
Xposing me in a Leonine wind
(out of the skillet and into the…?)
bhindi, also know as a gem

... we banter in Bantu, know?... KinGumbo?

Layers of players in a game of purr suits
and sLayer the Dragon thought I said suite
So he booked a room and waited for treats
meanwhile…
Derelicts were there as centurion scribes
Bricks they made while recording tribes
Bows they carried low and to the side

... On a long coarse
I watched the hoarse-men ride.

Primus asked and the filly said hey…
Ask again in the proper way
Cute doesn’t cut it, the Cupid had to say.
Especially, if the gravy is grey.

”...oh look Vincent, it’s your lobe dear…” ;)

4 comments:

gerry boyd said...

Oh yes! You are back for sure. The word play in this is fan-f'ing-tastic. Kudos and Bravo!

IzzyGumbo said...

Gerry! :)) Thanks so much! I enjoyed writing this one. Was in reply to someone at another poetry site I write on. I'm glad you enjoy!

nothingprofound said...

Izzy-glad to see you're still taking language for a joyride. Are you this playful in life as well? I hope so.

IzzyGumbo said...

I yam Sir Profound. ;)